GEA Process Engineering helps companies meet their sustainability goals and objectives. The company has created a multi-disciplined task force to efficiently and effectively handle all facets of sustainability projects. Our approach is designed to help you turn sustainability challenges into a competitive business advantage. Typical sustainability issues addressed are:
- Reduced chemical and water consumption.
- Efficiency in water and wastewater treatment.
- Clean-in-place (CIP) chemical recovery using membrane filtration.
- Reduced effluent and emission.
- Minimized rework due to consistent product quality.
- Reduced energy consumption.
- Increased yield through product recovery.
- By-product recovery in effluents as a marketable product.
- Energy optimization.
- Electron beam sterilization of flat and sport caps (instead of harmful chemicals and vast quantities of rinse water).
- Zero liquid discharge (ZLD) solutions.
- Flue gas desulphurization through spray drying absorption.
- Installation of advanced automation systems to boost production efficiency, product traceability and repeatability.