TDR Level Transmitter with HART Output
AMETEK Drexelbrook has added the Impulse™ series of continuous level transmitters to its line of level measurement products. The guided wave radar level transmitter employs time domain reflectometry (TDR) technology to provide accurate measurement of total level, distance or volumetric outputs. The 3 mm transmitter provides continuous level measurement of liquids to ranges up to 50 ft. (15 m), with a 2-wire 4-20mA, HART output signal. It has 5 different sensor types and is constructed of 316SS and Hastelloy C for use in environments that are classified hazardous (Class I, Div. 1) with either Intrinsically Safe or Explosion Proof installation requirements. Other system features include:
- Operating temperatures of –40°F to 392°F (–40°C to 200°C).
- Process pressures up to 580 psig (40 bar).
- A threaded ¾” NPT or 1-1/2” NPT or ANSI flanged process connection, from 1” through 8” 150# and 300# ratings.
- Compact electronics.
- Integral display and keypad for local configuration.
- Internal software to support measurements of level, distance or volume.
- Custom characterizations for non-standard tank shapes.
- No calibration or level changes.
- Dual compartment housing.