The TankScan® remote level monitoring system gathers tank-level data via micropower impulse radar (MIR), a low-power radar system utilizing very short electromagnetic pulses across a wide band of frequencies. The system:
- Uses no moving parts or high-tech materials.
- Uses battery power to ensure that the measurement device is intrinsically safe and suitable for use with petroleum products and chemicals, including combustible liquids.
- Can be mounted on top of above- or below-ground tanks.
- Has sensors that generate low-energy electromagnetic impulses that travel down a thin probe immersed in the fluid.
- Uses a MIR monitor , which can be used in tanks up to 40 feet high with no limitations on tank width or volume.
- Is unaffected by vapors that may be present in the tank.
- Accurately measures levels to within 0.3” or 0.5 percent of probe length.
- Can monitor levels of multiple tanks and send data without any need for wires or cables.
- Includes a receiver/controller unit and a data-management software package.