Ready-to-Deploy Track & Trace Solution
Cognex Corporation recently announced In-Sight® Track & Trace, an add-on software package for Cognex In-Sight  vision systems. In-Sight Track & Trace is a ready-to-deploy data capture and verification solution designed to help pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers achieve unit-level product traceability. Included is code reading and verification software with a pre-configured job file and HMI interface that reduces setup time and makes it easy to exchange data with third party systems. It is GS1 and FDA 21 CFR Part 11-ready, and can be used with multiple networked In-Sight vision systems to:
- Read 2D and 1D barcodes, including Data Matrix, GS1-128, GS1 DataBar and Pharmacode.
- Verify correct ID code contents, including compliance with the GS1 Healthcare data standard.
- Grade Data Matrix codes during production to detect changes in print quality.
- Verify the accuracy of printed text.
- Detect label misalignment and skew.
- Prevent counterfeit products from entering the supply chain.