The Anybus X-gateway from HMS Industrial Networks allows system integrators to easily transfer I/O data between two different PLC systems and networks. The X-gateway is a configurable stand-alone gateway that allows plant-floor devices on a Profibus network to communicate with the devices on a Modbus-TCP network and vice versa. Typical applications are installations with mixed usage of Siemens and Schneider Electric, ABB or GE PLCs. One example is automobile manufacturing plants where Profibus based segments shall be integrated into industrial Ethernet based control applications with the popular Modbus-TCP protocol. The gateway:
- Uses DIN rail mounting and 24 Volt industrial power supply.
- Functions as a server (slave) on the Modbus-TCP network and as a master on the Profibus side. The Profibus master functionality is configured with HMS´ Anybus NetTool for Profibus, a powerful but easy to use Windows-based configuration tool that comes free with the X-gateway.
- Can pass up to 512 bytes of input and 512 bytes of output data transparently between Modbus-TCP and Profibus.
- Allows up to 124 Profibus slaves to be connected.
- Incorporates a powerful embedded web server on the Modbus-TCP side which supports web-based remote diagnostics and visualization.