Process Control & Manual Weighing in Hazardous Areas
Mettler Toledo has released the IND560x weighing terminal, designed for both process control and manual weighing operations in hazardous areas. The IND560x:
- Is suitable for weighing in Division 1 or Zone 1/21 areas.
- Features analog or electro magnetic force restoration (EMFR) weighing technologies.
- Has discrete input/output options.
- Has a highly-configurable operator interface with numerous programmable, on screen prompts.
- Delivers a target update rate of 50 Hz in controlled filling and dosing applications, meaning that once a set point is reached, users can trigger a process control in 20 ms.
- Is available with an analog or high precision scale interface, which uses the SmartTrac™ graphic display to provide unmistakable weighing transaction status.
- Supports up to 20 programmable, on screen prompts to assist an operator through complex operations.
- Allows users to control devices directly in the hazardous areas without the need to use expensive barriers or purges.
- Provides bi-directional communication between the weighing terminal and the higher-level automation system, such as PLCs (programmable logic controllers) or DCS (distributed control systems).
- Can be connected using either a copper wire-carried current loop signal or a fiber optic connection.
- Communicates with several devices using multiple protocols simultaneously: PLC, Ethernet TCP/IP and serial.
- Is designed for the global market and is approved to local standards by FM (US and Canada), ATEX (EU) and NEPSI (China).