Advanced Thermal Solutions, Inc. has introduced a line of lower height maxiFLOW™ heat sinks for cooling ICs and other hot components in narrow packaging and low airflow velocity conditions. The maxiFLOW heat sinks feature:
- A spread fin array that maximizes surface area for more effective convection (air) cooling.
- Standard sink heights as low as 9.5 mm.
- Extruded aluminum construction, which minimizes thermal resistance from the base to the fins and minimizes weight.
- A device junction temperatures (Tj) reduction of more than 40 percent below the temperatures achieved using other heat sinks.
- Pre-assembly with ATS maxiGRIP™ mounting hardware, which includes a plastic frame clip that snaps securely around the component.
- Compliance with Telcordia GR-63-Core, ETSI 300 019 and MIL-STD-810 shock and vibration testing standards.
- A thermally conductive, phase-change interface pad to maximize the heat transfer from component to the cooling solution.