Shearing Mixer Inefficiencies
According to Charles Ross & Son, its MegaShear inline high-shear mixer is the first to combine high flow rates without an auxiliary pump, high tip speeds and ultra-high shear rates all in a single pass. Benefits include:
- The ability to disintegrate virtually 100 percent of large particles and droplets in a single pass.
- Elimination of the need for inline recirculation, thus improving process control.
- Uniform particle/droplet size distribution, which is critical for some fine emulsions and dispersions.
- Flow rates up to 500 GPM.
- Tip speeds up to 18,000 FPM.
- Enhanced product stability and texture.
- Faster solubilization.
- Greater efficacy in the case of pharmaceuticals.
- More efficiency for catalyzed chemical reactions.
- Higher quality dispersions and emulsion in the food industry.