Bolting Down 20 Percent More Turning Power
In an acknowledgement of the growing market for heavy-duty bolting tools, Snap-on® Industrial  expanded its line of Dr. Flank Drive® 3/4-in. impact sockets and combination wrenches. Suitable for the power generation, wind power and industrial markets, along with fleet maintenance and other applications requiring large fasteners, these sockets and wrenches, according to the company, additionally incorporate:
- Sizes from 9/16 to 2-3/8 in. for shallow 6- and 12-point fractional sockets, whereas deep 6-point sockets extend from 9/16 to 2 in.
- 17- to 50-mm sizes for shallow 6-point sockets, while deep 6-point sockets reach from 17 to 41 mm.
- Standard 1/4- to 3-1/2-in. (L) 12-point combination wrenches.
- Up to 20 percent more turning power without slipping or rounding — an important factor in critical torque applications.
- The capability to move the contact point away from fastener corners with a radius, which promotes flat-to-flat surface contact for extra turning power.
- A proprietary blend of heat-treated alloy socket steel with a lower hardness than hand sockets, which optimizes service life and strength.
- Flank Drive socket compliance beyond ANSI standards, plus conformity to ANSI/ASME Standard B107, 100-2002 and AS954E 3.8.1 for combination wrenches.