Avoiding A Potentially Explosive Situation
Material Transfer & Storage  presents its explosion-proof drum discharging system, which is also accommodated by a surge hopper. The system provides the sealed discharging of drums (that contain explosive powders) into a custom stainless steel surge hopper. According to the company, the system also consists of:
- A surge hopper with a quick-release top cover, a bin vent filter system with pulse-jet cleaning and an actuated discharge gate with 42 in. of clearance beneath it.
- A patented Control Link™ rotation system for controlled 180° drum rotation for maximum product discharge.
- Type 304 stainless steel contact surfaces.
- An electrical system meeting Class II, Division I, Group E requirements.
- Custom design to meet your application requirements.