Preventing Pumps From Giving You The Slip
Ideally suited for ethanol processing, blending and transfer applications, Blackmer ’s new ProVane® motor speed vane pump line incorporates self-adjusting vanes to eliminate efficiency-robbing slip, maintaining near original volumetric output capacity and consistency. According to the company, this process process pump also delivers:
- A hydrodynamic journal bearing, which uses the fluid boundary principle to provide extended bearing life under many operating conditions.
- Reduced friction to lower heat buildup and energy loss, while simultaneously offering higher mechanical efficiency.
- UL-listed fluorocarbon elastomer seals to allow for broader compatibility with a range of fluids.
- The power to handle the highly corrosive nature of ethanol at all blend levels.
- Availability in either a ductile-iron model or the feature-enhanced stainless steel model.
- Suitability for continuous-duty operations in low- and medium-viscosity process applications, as well as line stripping, evacuation of heels and lift from storage tanks.
- The flexibility to operate in low-flow, high-head applications with low-viscosity fluids.
- Operating speeds up to 3,600 RPM with capacities from 6 to 100 GPM (23 to 379 L).
- Your choice of 5 sizes ranging from 3/4 to 2 in.
- No need for a gear reducer, resulting in a smaller footprint.
- An optional relief valve to help protect the pump in case of over-pressurization.