In an effort to deliver product demonstrations to customers' doorsteps, Emerson Process Management  will present Rosemount® Analytical gas chromatograph, liquid and process analytic solutions in its recently enhanced demo van. The van's new look and features provide a fresh, hands-on way to showcase the company's products, services and capabilities. Representing all of Emerson's Rosemount Analytical solutions, the van has been upgraded with the capability to demonstrate products live, along with digital touch-screen displays, to show customers application videos and interactive presentations. According to Emerson's Rosemount Analytical Vice President of Global Sales Paul Mahoney, the demo van will be used in a number of capacities, including on-site product demonstrations, interactive lunch and learn sessions, and as an extension to the continuing education courses offered by Emerson. "Many of our customers, particularly in the power industry, are required to earn a certain number of continuing education units (CEU) each year," points out Mahoney. "The demo van will augment our CEU courses by allowing customers to view live demonstrations of our products." Among other products and services, the demo van will demonstrate these Rosemount liquid, process analytic and gas chromatograph solutions:
- Model 400P conductivity sensors with pre-determined cell constant for accuracy.
- PERpH-X pH sensors, featuring prolonged life in difficult environments.
- Model XMT two-wire transmitters for pH/oxidation-reduction potential (ORP), conductivity, oxygen, ozone or chlorine measurements.
- Model 499 ADO dissolved oxygen sensors, which boast rugged construction for applications involving aeration basins.
- Model 5081 two-wire transmitters-a NEMA 4 transmitter with HART or Foundation Fieldbus communication options for measuring pH/ORP, conductivity, oxygen, ozone or chlorine.
- Model FCLi free chlorine-measuring systems, which don't use reagents for measurement.
- Model T1056 CLARITY II™ turbidimeters with EPA Method 180.1- or ISO 7027-compliant sensors.
- X-STREAM® process gas analyzers.
- X-STREAM® in-situ oxygen analyzers.
- OCX 8800 oxygen/combustibles transmitters.
- Sample-handling systems.
- Power positioners.
- 700XA gas chromatographs.
"A demo van is a great tool for engaging customers and creating an event to show off our company's capabilities," concludes Dave Halpern, an Emerson Rosemount sales representative, who has an upcoming tour planned for the new van. "Many times customers may not be aware of all we have to offer, and the demo van puts everything into one comprehensive mobile portfolio."