Top Five Ways To Ensure Washdown-Ready Interface Systems
Aggressive equipment washdown is an every day, every shift and every batch occurrence in food, pharmaceutical and chemical environments. According to StrongArm Designs , here are five ways to ensure that your operator interface systems-and your products-are washdown-ready:
- Prevent water from entering the enclosure with specially designed doors that channel water away from its interior.
- Rely on NEMA 4X because, as a standard, it guarantees that the operator interface system's interior is protected from splashing water, water seepage, falling water, severe exterior condensation and hose-directed water.
- Pay attention to design. Minimize areas where water can pool with sloped top enclosures and angled keyboards.
- Eliminate crevices-cleaning is always easier when areas where particles can accumulate are minimized.
- Plan for extremes. Make sure that all operator interface system components can withstand the extreme temperature environments in hot-water washdown areas.