New Growth Trends Identified For Plastics
Fri, 09/27/2013 - 12:37pm
Research and Markets recently unveiled two reports; Polyethylene (PE) - Products, End-Uses & Technologies - A Global Market Watch, 2011 - 2016 and Thermosets Resin - A Global Market Watch, 2011 - 2016. Findings of both reports include:
- The polyethylene (PE) volume market is expected to reach 105.1 million tons by 2016, primarily supported by low-density polyethylene and EVA co-Polymers, as well as film extrusion and extrusion blow molding.
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) and low-density polyethylene (LDPE) together account for approximately 69.8 percent of the market, and are expected to support the plastics industry going forward.
- The highest CAGR (8.8 percent) is anticipated in Europe, followed by Asia-Pacific at 8.2 percent, while the Americas forecast a growth rate of six percent.
- Polyethylene (PE) is widely dominate.
- The thermoset resins market is expected to reach 95.5 million tons by 2016, primarily supported by unsaturated polyesters, phenol-formaldehyde and epoxy/polyepoxide resins with end-users in plywood, furniture/bedding, building and construction, automotive, consumer products and electronics.
- The polyurethanes (PU) market is expected to reach 28.2 million tons by 2016, backed by major end-use segments (furniture/bedding, construction, automotive and electronic) in emerging countries.
- Globally, unsaturated polyesters (UP) and phenol-formaldehyde (PF) together account for approximately 30 percent of the market.
- Geographically, the highest Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.7 percent is anticipated from the Asia-Pacific region.
- Polyurethanes in Europe are not far behind with a CAGR of 11.1 percent.
- Epoxy/Polyepoxide resins stands as the fastest growing in Europe, with a CAGR of 12.5 percent, while the Americas forecast a growth rate of 10.2 percent.