Eight Reasons to Pick Plastic this Holiday Season
Kingsport, Tenn. — Dec. 6, 2011 — The holiday bustle has begun, complete with holiday parties, baking, cooking and travel. Give yourself — and your loved ones — the gift of safety, reliability and aesthetics by picking plastic products free of estrogenic activity (EA) for all entertaining and food storage needs this holiday season.
Safe for even the smallest visitors to your home this season (children and elves included), Eastman Tritan™ copolyester, a new plastic material, has been thoroughly tested and analyzed to ensure it stands up to even the toughest holiday challenges — all while remaining free of EA.
In contrast to all the daunting tasks on your to-do list this holiday season, picking plastic is an easy item to check off your list. Pick products made with Eastman Tritan™ copolyester for these eight reasons.
- Safety — The testing proves it. A large battery of tests have shown that Tritan is free of EA and androgenic activity, so you can store, serve, sip and savor every last morsel of holiday food from plastic housewares made with Tritan. Plus, Tritan has been cleared by scientists at regulatory agencies across the globe, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the European Food Safety Authority and Health Canada, which means no more worrying about what ingredients are used to make this plastic. (No guarantees about Aunt Mildred’s fruitcake, however.)
- Ease of use — Seal it, store it, stack it. It’s safe to put your warm foods in food-storage products made with Tritan to store and freeze for later use, making it easy to keep leftovers, cookies and treats for enjoying even after the holiday parties are over. Because Tritan is used for more than 600 food-contact products, the only difficult part will be picking the design you like best!
- Toughness and shatter resistance — For durability on the road, in the air or however you travel this holiday season, pack your goodies in products made with Tritan. Containers won’t break when tossed around because Tritan is tough, so even when the road gets rough this holiday season, you know your food will get there safely. Additionally, Tritan won’t crack, shatter or chip even when hit with a baseball bat or run over with a midsize SUV, which means you don’t need to worry about handing over a Tritan mug, plate or bowl to the kids.
- Dishwasher durability — Even after exposure to high heat and dishwashing detergents, Tritan won’t crack or discolor. This holiday season, spend time enjoying your company and let the dishwasher do the dirty cleanup work.
- Lighter weight — Unlike glass, Tritan is extremely lightweight, yet dense and durable, making it easy to pass plated hors d'oeuvres and invite the whole family — kids included — to lend a hand in the kitchen.
- Stain, odor and taste resistance — Storage containers made with Tritan won’t stain or retain odors like some opaque plastics, leaving you with only the merry memories of family and friends after the holidays, not the smells and stains.
- Elegant aesthetics — Make your food look as good as it tastes when you serve it with Tritan. With its crystal-clear appearance and unlimited design potential, housewares and beverageware made with Tritan are elegant and eye-appealing, so your guests won’t even guess you picked plastic.
- Eco-friendliness — Products made with Tritan last, so they won’t end up in the garbage or need to be replaced any time soon. Better yet, reusing bottles, cups and lunch bags made with Tritan can help your family reduce waste generated by their disposable counterparts. This holiday season, give a gift to the environment by picking durable, reusable plastics like Tritan.
For 10 tips on safely storing and reusing holiday leftovers and more information on the safety of Eastman Tritan™ copolyester, check out www.tritansafe.com.