NYSE: MTD), announced the launching of SevenCompact™, the new line of benchtop meters for measurements of pH, ion concentration, ORP or conductivity. The two new meters are truly universal and fulfill analytical requirements in any industry and for a wide range of workplaces, such as quality control and R&D.-- Mettler-Toledo India, a wholly subsidiary of Mettler-Toledo Inc (
- SevenCompact™ pH/Ion S220 - Multi-language benchtop meter for pH/ ORP/ ion measurements with Intelligent Sensor Management (ISM®) and 5 point calibration. The Ion Mode with 8 pre-programmed ion species makes this meter much more than a pH meter. Two meters in one.
- SevenCompact™ Conductivity S230 - Multi-language benchtop meter for conductivity/ salinity/ TDS/ resistivity/ Conductivity Ash with ISM®. Besides covering the standard conductivity applications, the S230 has been designed to fulfill the special regulations of segments like the micro-electronics, bio-ethanol and sugar industries.
"SevenCompact™ sets new standards in pH, ion and conductivity analysis with the 4.3 inch graphical color TFT display and well arranged icons with the choice of 4 different color schemes makes it a pleasure to work reliably." said Pradeep Palshikar, Business Manager - AnaChem. "With ISM® (Intelligent Sensor Management), the instrument automatically identifies the sensor correctly and uses the most recent calibration data for this sensor. PIN protection is individually configurable for instrument login, deletion of data and access of system settings for safety and security. The uFocusTM view hides information of less importance and the result is shown in a larger and magnified font ensuing less distraction and more efficient work"
SevenCompact™ sets new standards in pH, ion and conductivity analysis with the following features :
- The two professional meters S220 and S230 can be operated comfortably by a menu in complete words and sentences in 10 different languages. The user guidance is so intuitive that it does not require any training or reading of the operating instructions. The 4.3 inch graphical color display with well arranged icons makes it a pleasure to work with, reliably.
- SevenCompactä offers a revolutionary viewing function to support your workflow: select the full-information screen with all parameters and settings shown, or switch - by a single key press - to the uFocusä Screen Layout. The uFocusä view hides information of less importance and the result is shown in a larger, magnified font.
- SevenCompact™ is delivered with the uPlace™ Electrode Holder. The new electrode holder moves in a perfectly vertical way, making it easy to place your sensor in the perfect position, even in test tubes or vials. To maximize efficiency and ergonomics, uPlace™ can be operated with one hand, and mounted left or right to the instrument or used freestanding.
- The security functions are manifold and range from setting measuring alarm limits to applying PIN code protection on various levels or using either the routine or expert level mode. Peace of mind is a given and GLP compliance is supported from A to Z.
- The connectivity and peripheral options exceed any expectation to this class of meter: a printer, a PC, a stirrer, an external keyboard, a barcode scanner or a USB memory stick for data export can be connected. The workflow as well as data entry, handling or archiving have been perfected.
- Both instruments are of rugged design and are splash proof according to IP54.
SevenCompact™ brings the successful Intelligent Sensor Management (ISM®) - now known from SevenGo pro™ handheld instruments - into the lab. Mistakes are avoided and the quick and easy operation of the equipment saves time. The new extensive ISM® functions support the user in many ways:
- Correct identification of the sensor is guaranteed upon connection to the meter. The sensor type and serial number is automatically recognized.
- The calibration data, including date and time, is stored on the sensor. This eliminates mistakes when transferring the sensor to another instrument. Extra security is achieved by only using the most recent calibration for all subsequent measurements.
- Extra security functions like checking the calibration history or the maximum temperature that a sensor has been exposed to help maximize the uptime of your equipment. What is more, the factory calibration certificate can be re-printed if it was lost.
Notes to Editor
About Mettler-Toledo India:
Mettler-Toledo India Pvt. Ltd., a wholly subsidiary of Mettler-Toledo Inc. (NYSE: MTD), started its operations in India in 1998. With its base in Mumbai and eleven branches across India, Mettler-Toledo India is a leading player catering to the demand of Indian industries for high-technology precision and analytical instruments used in various labs and automation processes.
Mettler-Toledo inc is a leading global supplier of precision instruments and is the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of weighing instruments for use in laboratory, industrial and food retailing applications. The Company also holds top-three market positions in several related analytical instruments markets and is a leading provider of automated chemistry systems used in drug and chemical compound discovery and development. In addition, the Mettler-Toledo is the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of metal detection systems used in production and packaging. Additional information about Mettler-Toledo can be found on its website www.mt.com