EPA Region 7 Receives Award for Small Business Contracting Accomplishments (IA, KS, MO, NE)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Kansas City, Kan., July 1, 2011) - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Region 7 has been awarded the Office of Small Business Program Director’s Award in Washington, D.C.
The award recognizes outstanding contracting efforts with small businesses, attaining and or exceeding Agency small business goals. All federal organizations are required to strive to achieve such goals.
The established goals are designed to support small business in six socio-economic categories:
- Small Business
- Small disadvantaged business
- 8(a) - minority-owned small disadvantaged business in the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) Program
- Woman-owned small business
- Historically Underutilized Business Zone - small business primarily located in depressed urban or rural areas
- Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business