Flexibility For Dosing & Filling Operations
Wed, 06/04/2008 - 7:26am
Combined with a valve as the actuating element, Burkert Fluid Control Systems' www.burkert-usa.com 8055 Full-Bore Magflowmeter controls high-precision dosing and filling operations. According to the company, the flowmeter further exhibits:
- 2 transistor outputs (40 VDC, 100 mA), in addition to 0/4 to 20 mA current and RS485 output.
- Freely programmable transistor outputs that can be configured as pure switching outputs for a valve, alarm and rough/fine dosage, or configured proportionately to flow rate/volume as pulse output (a maximum of 1,250 Hz).
- A large easy-to-read graphic display, and local programming via 3 keypads or through a PC.
- A reading accuracy of ±0.2 percent for liquid velocities of greater than 3.28 ft/s and a repeatability of better than 0.1 percent.
- A minimum conductivity of 5 µS/cm and a maximum fluid pressure of 234 psi.
- A fluid temperature range of -4º to 302ºF (sanitary and low-flow) and 32º to 140ºF (general-purpose).
- An ambient operating temperature range of -4º to 140ºF.
- Availability of diameters from 1/2" to 4".
- Tri-Clamp® process connections for the sanitary flowmeter, threaded NPT or ISO 228-1 (UNI 338) for the low-flow version, and ASME or DIN flanged 2501 (UNI 2223) for the general-purpose, although other requests are accepted.
- 316L-1.4404 stainless steel wetted parts construction.