ASHLEY, Ind. (AP) - A company that makes household chemicals plans to close a northeastern Indiana factory where 55 people work. Chemtura Corp. has asked a New York bankruptcy court to let it consolidate operations at its Bio-Lab Inc. plant in Ashley into a Georgia factory.
Luke Simpson, Associate Editor, Chem.Info An article posted Wednesday on greentechmedia.com reported on the work being done by Minnesota-based biotech startup Segentis, and a â€œbrand newâ€ molecule that they are producing from cellulosic biomass: levulinic ketal.
Jim Lane Biofuels Digest - September 17, 2009 In Washington, although some say that
STEVE KARNOWSKI Associated Press Writer - September 17, 2009 MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Many urban streams have become salty enough to harm aquatic life, largely because of salt used for deicing roads in the winter, according to a new government study released Wednesday. The U.S.
START PICTURE TABLE RIGHT
By Christian Fritz, Product Marketing Manager, and Brian MacCleery, Senior Product Manager,
Arkema has announced the construction of a carbon nanotube (CNT) pilot production plant at its Mont site (France, Pyrenees-Atlantiques).
September 16, 2009 Footage of an explosion literally blowing the floating roof off a refinery storage tank after lighting bypassed the facility's lightning protection system and started a fire.
September 16, 2009 A bolt that wouldn't budge nearly stopped the $175 million replacement of Hubble's best survey camera.
September 16, 2009 A tour of the 20,000 sq. ft. water treatment plant that Google built in Belgium to provide cooling water for its massive data center.
September 16, 2009 Currently, when a vahicle is junked, about 75 percent of it is recycled. Argonne National Laboratory's recycling pilot plant demonstrates how the remaining 25 percent, known as automobile shredder residue, can be separated into metals, polymers and waste.
September 16, 2009 SHANGHAI (AP) - Three people have died and an additional 17 required medical treatment after they were exposed to bags of a toxic chemical illegally dumped by a factory in eastern China, the local government said Wednesday.
ROME (AP) - Italian authorities have dispatched a robot submarine with a video camera to a shipwreck off the Calabrian coast to see if it's carrying radioactive waste dumped by the mob in a lucrative disposal racket.
MIKE BAKER Associated Press Writer - September 16, 2009 RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Three months after an explosion at a Slim Jim factory in North Carolina killed three people, a state panel has made emergency changes to its gas guidelines despite federal inaction on the standards.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Companies handling corrosive materials along Kingston Harbor will soon be required to have special permits to ensure the safe operation of hazardous chemicals after a 300-ton (270 metric ton) sulfuric acid spill, officials said Tuesday.